Wheelchair Mounted Dog Treat Dispenser

My two Bernese Mountain dogs would love this for our walks. I use a permobil M3, and I have the leashes attached to my chair. Treats that don’t involve me having to use my non driving hand to give them out would be great.

User: @mahewitt

Can you Help Build this?
Design is here: https://www.makersmakingchange.com/project/wheelchair-mounted-dog-treat-dispenser/
May Need Modification depending on wheelchair sizing of bars

Please reply below if you can help!

@mahewitt Hello, we’d be happy to help. Would you be able to tell us the thickness of your wheelchair bars?

1 Like

Hey there!
Thank you! When you say wheelchair bars, you mean how I would attach it? I have a Permobil and it has a system where you slide things onto the bar. Or does it clip on? It’s 4.5cm or 1.75” wide

Please let me know anything I can do to help!

I’ll take a look. Thanks!

Hi,
My understanding is that it screws onto one of the slide-bars on the wheelchair.
In the renders it looks like it has a little box that slips into the device, it doesn’t appear to be included on the thingiverse files.

We’ve printed out your parts in PetG so it is food safe and can be properly cleaned when needed. We also printed them with increased fill so they should be really strong.
Both items are ready for pick-up, what is the best way to get these to you?
Cheers,

Tyler

1 Like

I’m sending you a pm.

1 Like

@info3 @mahewitt hows it coming with the Dog Treat Dispenser? I am interested to see and hear how it turns out from both of you. If you can leave a review it would be super helpful to our team
Just click here and click “review”
https://www.makersmakingchange.com/project/wheelchair-mounted-dog-treat-dispenser/

If any modifications were made to the dog treat dispenser, we’d love to share the files with our other users according to the style of wheelchair

Cheers!

It’s arrived but I haven’t put it together yet - I need one of my carers to do it with me. My dogs and I are really looking forward to it!

2 Likes

I hope it fits well and you and your dogs love it!

It didn’t require any modifications, it has a small square piece that slides onto the rail of the wheelchair.
Cheers!

2 Likes

@info3 @mahewitt thanks for being awesome and being involved in this project you two!