Request for Personalized Cuff Utensil Holder (Vancouver, BC, Canada)

Requestor: @vhunter27

Spoke with Chad, and am looking to try a few devices with a client - customization will likely be needed.

MMC Entry .I.D: 6111

1 Like

Happy to help with this requests as well

1 Like

@MMC_Chad and I met with the client today. Chad posted an update in this requests

We learnt a lot about how the client uses forks and spoons and the difficultly that they face. We talked through some ideas. The client and I will find a safe way for them to get me forks and spoons they use and I’ll put together some solutions.

We decided to start with a fork and spoon then move to the stylus.
I’ll post updates for the utensil device in the current thread and the stylus in this one.

2 Likes

Found that the palm loop, utensil holder and a utensil bent and 90 degrees should work.
Will be test fitting with individual to see if this will work or further customization is needed. Will still need to customize to their utensils.

Utensil can be bent the other way to use other side, which will make the utensil lower which will prevent the user getting their hand dirty.

Currently the utensil holder is glued to the palm loop, the prints didn’t fit together. Working on this.

cuff w fork

1 Like

What do you think of something like this?90 degree angle.stl (9.5 KB)

I can give you the Fusion 360 file if you think it makes sense.

2 Likes

Thanks for this suggestion @KenHackbarth you’re always so helpful!

Hi @KenHackbarth

That’s a great suggestion.
I’m getting the utensils today, if you could share the Fusion 360 file with me I could give it a shot.

2 Likes

Got everything assembled and working together:
• 2 Cuffs (25mm & 35mm)
• 4 interchangeable holders (16mm open ends/one end closed, 17mm open ends/one end closed)
• Set of wedges

Currently coordinating picking and initial test.

2 Likes

Update: The device works great, the client sent me some pictures and a video :grinning:
I’m going to continue working with the client on making a strap version and making a holder for a spoon.

1 Like

Please put your adaptations on Thingiverse (and let me know where) so that I can point to them from my website and from my entry on Thingiverse.

Thanks,
Ken