Request for Laser Cut Keyguards (Gilbert, Arizona)

Requestor: @zachaprice

"I am looking for a Touch Guide (clear attachment with circular openings, like the one shown in the picture) but for a Saltillo Chat Fusion 10 device. The vocabulary being used has 15 buttons per page.

After multiple contacts with the manufacturer I was told that this attachment does not currently exist for this particular device. As the device user’s therapist, I believe this kind of attachment, vs. a more traditional key guard, would work best.

I hope this can become a reality, thank you!"

MMC Entry I.D: [5048, 5055]

1 Like

Hi @zachaprice welcome to the forum!
Wondering where are you located(city and state only)? This will help us tag users we know who are in your area!

@KenHackbarth is this something you know about as well ? @mlevac? Any BioScience students that could help w this?

Hi! I must have missed the option for setting a location, sorry about that.

I am in Gilbert, Arizona (town outside of Phoenix).

Thanks!

2 Likes

Zach,
I’m not able to see the picture you reference in your first post but I suspect there’s a way to meet your need. Please contact me via the form on this page:

Thanks,
Ken

2 Likes

Hey @zachaprice! Welcome to the forum. I have a few contacts in the Phoenix area that I believe can help you with this. Shoot me a DM and we can touch base more on it.

Thanks,
Matt Arizona Chapter Leader

@MMC_Zee Bioscience and GCU have expressed interest in creating acrylic keyguards. This may be a good way to get them going with it.

1 Like

Matt, you may still want to use my designer to lay out the keyguard and then have OpenSCAD generate an SVG file for your laser cutter. Ken

1 Like

Matt, take a look at this one as well…

Ken

1 Like

Thanks @KenHackbarth! I have OpenSCAD with your designer downloaded. I will look at creating the SVG file. It would be the first time for me trying that so I will reach out if theres any issues.

1 Like

Hi Matt, I just sent you a direct message. Ken

1 Like

Ooops this is the original. This post was accidentally duplicated