Request for Lap Tray

Message from User:
I’m needing a lap tray made for my wheelchair. 18" wide and 12" deep. I would like an edge guard to prevent items from slipping off the tray. On the left side of tray, I would like to have a slightly inset to set a cup into.Please connect with me if you can make this for me!

Needs design. Please reply below if you can help!

@chadl found this in the Superstore. Right dimensions, just need an inset for the cup.
Is there Superstore in MB? @MMC_Suzanne?

1 Like

Yes I can take a look tomorrow probably.

1 Like

Hi Suzanne,

Is this still outstanding ? If so, I can handle. Pretty straightforward. I have the tools at home and pretty sure I have some wood that I can use.

Marc

1 Like

Hi Marc, Thanks for reaching out. I’ll check in with the requester and get back to you.

1 Like

Hi there,

Is help still needed here? I’d be happy to help, I could create a 3D printed design.

Julia

1 Like

Hi again Julia-thx for offering to help with these requests!
@MMC_Suzanne is our Regional Coordinator in this area and can update you if the user doesn’t reply.

1 Like

Hi Julia, I am not sure what area you are in but the requester is in Manitoba. I do have a maker who has connected with the requester to help but I’m not sure what design he is using. I can connect you via email if you would like to contact the maker, you may be able to work together to find a solution?

Please let me know if you are ok with me passing your email details on.

Thanks Suzanne

1 Like

Hi Suzanne,

I am from the British Columbia area. I am not sure I can help if the maker is creating the device using woodworking tools, but if the maker is incorparting a 3D Computer Aided Design I could help. I am okay with passing on my email to the maker to see if we can collaborate.

Thanks,
Julia

Ok Julia, I know the maker, Marc, uses 3D printing so it might be something you can work on together for a 3d version? I’ll pass on your details.

Thanks

Okay, thank you!

@juliacpaler and I are working on this. First concept drawing done.

3 Likes