Request for Bottle Opener for Arthritis (Prince Rupert, BC, Canada)

Requestor: @caroller44

Hello! I am a 17 year old girl going into my last year of high school and I have centralized sensitization disorder along with some other chronic pain conditions. I was super excited when I discovered assistive technology because certain things like carrying grocery bags, turning keys, and opening water bottles are super painful and I don’t want to power through them anymore because it turns out I don’t have to!

MMC Entry .I.D: 7044

2 Likes

@Bcampbell

I know its busy with back to school time, but would your school be able to help out with these requests for @caroller44. She has requested 3 devices total including a bag carrier, key turner and this bottle opener.

Thanks,

Shanelle

2 Likes

Hi @MMC_Shanelle,
The Vancouver Chapter could also print those for @caroller44 if @Bcampbell is too busy. Cheers

@Janet That would be great!

1 Like

Hi @caroller44! It’s very nice to meet you. I’m Janet, a maker based in Vancouver and a member of the Vancouver Chapter of MMC. We are based out of the Vancouver Hack Space (check out our cool Totoro costume!).

We’d be happy to print these for you and since this is our first request as the official Vancouver chapter, we’ll donate the cost of filament and shipping.

Before we get to printing I have a few questions for you!

1. To doublecheck, are these the devices you’d like printed?

2. Would it be useful to have 2 or 3 key turners?
I imagine you could use a few and they are easy for us to print.

2. Colours!
I can’t guarantee specific colours as I’m not sure what printer filament we currently have in stock but generally do you have a preference for low-key colours (black, brown, grey, white) or bright colours (orange, bright yellow, etc)?

Once printed I’ll send you a private message through the forum to get your address and arrange shipping to you.

I’ll also post updates here.

Thanks! We’re looking forward to getting these printed for you.