Phoenix, AZ

Makers Making Change is starting chapters all over North America!

Our goal is to positively impact the lives of people with disabilities in as many communities as possible through our chapter programs.

This area is used for users to find chapters in their local area and to start conversations on anything MMC related:gain support for organizing local events, support each other with local build requests and trouble shoot issues with projects.

EX: I am a maker in ___ who has taken on a request and I have run into a challenge “Does anyone here have access to a solder reflow station/oven?”

or

“Does anyone know anywhere locally that sells x supply?”

or

“Thinking of hosting a to hackathon-what do you guys think of Dec 3 as a date?”

Don’t see your community listed in here?

Start a chapter!

• Community Chapter (dedicated volunteer role suited for makerspace organizers, librarians, after school program leaders)
  • Educational Chapter (for libraries, schools and after school programs, gr 6+)
  • Community Champion (casual volunteer support role)

www.makersmakingchange.com/resources

Hi! I am Matthew LeVac and I am the Arizona Chapter Leader for Makers Making Change.

I am an Occupational Therapist as well as the Therapy Supervisor for a Private day school in Phoenix. My passion is creating assistive technology to meet the needs of exceptional students. I feel strongly that open AT or the AT Maker movement, as I have recently been referring to it, is a great way to fill the need of accessibility to AT for those who need it. I decided to become an MMC Chapter Leader to further spread the word of AT Making within the great state of Arizona.

If you are in Arizona and have a request. Please feel free to reach out!

2 Likes