New York, NY

Hi there!

The New York Metro area chapter is getting started. Myself and Farrukh Zia are the current chapter volunteers and happy to connect with anyone interested in getting involved.

Looking forward…

1 Like

And… if there are any locals on the forum, we will be running a general first meeting on Sunday, March 15th from 2-3:30pm at the Info Commons in the Grand Army Public Library in Brooklyn. Here is the Eventbrite link for this event if interested and to share out:

Hi all-

Sharing an upcoming event that will be run by Michael Dicpinigaitis, founder of JerichoAdaptsToys.org and NYC chapter member. Michael will be running a plush toy adaptation webinar on 2020-05-19T04:00:00Z at 6:30pm via Zoom. See the attached flier for more details and joining information.

ATHelp Adapting Webinar, May 2020.pdf (142.9 KB)

Hello from New York City College of Technology and welcome to NYC Chapter forum :smile:

Looking forward to it …

Hello everyone! My name is Joan Beatrice Ladaban. I am a student at City tech and currently working on musical toy touch.

3 Likes

Hello! I am Anny Baez Silfa, an upper sophomore student in the Computer Engineering of Technology Department at City Tech. I am currently working on a Robotic Arm.

3 Likes

Welcome Joan and Anny! Looking forward to collaborating!

Hello! I am BingFang Chen, a Junior student in the Computer Engineering Technology Department at City Tech. I am currently working on mind-controller project. I am interested in using my project to help people with disability.

3 Likes

Thanks so much to Jericho Adapts for running the Dice Spinner webinar build. In case you missed it, we recorded the build that is available for viewing here:

Access Password: 8V?71O@e

The NY chapter is also looking for feedback and suggestions for our next build. We created a short Google Form here: https://forms.gle/dXMwvWGJNap2n6od7

And a link to the slides in the presentation may be viewed here: https://www.zeroday.camp/dice-roller-webinar

And here are some successful builds! Great job to Mylene and Rachel!

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 1.43.14 PM

2 Likes

Hi there!

The NYC Chapter of MMC will start holding monthly regular meetings to discuss and plan local happenings. We will meet:

Every 1st Wednesday of the month from 3- 4 pm

November 4th (yikes day after the elections) will be our next general meeting.

Here is the registration link (note, you will only need to register for the first meeting):

Register in advance for this meeting:

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Hope to see you there!
@emaker, @Professor.Zia and @loretodalt

2 Likes

@stephengduke @michaeljd33 @Joanbeatrice @annybaezsilfa @bingfangchen thought you might be interested!