Gainesville, FL

Makers Making Change is starting chapters all over North America!

Our goal is to positively impact the lives of people with disabilities in as many communities as possible through our chapter programs.

This area is used for users to find chapters in their local area and to start conversations on anything MMC related:gain support for organizing local events, support each other with local build requests and trouble shoot issues with projects.

EX: I am a maker in ___ who has taken on a request and I have run into a challenge “Does anyone here have access to a solder reflow station/oven?”

or

“Does anyone know anywhere locally that sells x supply?”

or

“Thinking of hosting a to hackathon-what do you guys think of Dec 3 as a date?”

Don’t see your community listed in here?

Start a chapter!

• Community Chapter (dedicated volunteer role suited for makerspace organizers, librarians, after school program leaders)
  • Educational Chapter (for libraries, schools and after school programs, gr 6+)
  • Community Champion (casual volunteer support role)

www.makersmakingchange.com/resources

Hi All! I am Leigh Anne Brewster and I am the Coach of FIRST Robotics Team 4118: Roaring Riptide (RR) - a high-school robotics team based in Gainesville, FL. I’m also a middle and high school educator at P.K. Yonge DRS K-12 public school that’s part of the College of Education of the University of Florida. We are one of the newest U.S. Chapters of MMC and (maybe) one of the 1st US FRC Robotics chapters in the US as well, so that’s exciting news that MMC is growing!

We became involved with MMC because our high-school robotics team is very passionate about their work in assistive technology. In fact, RR started switch-adapting toys in 2015, at their very first every toy adapt-a-thon held at our school. After watching a presentation at the Assistive Technology Industry Associations’s conference in Orlando, we reached out to see how we could be part of MMC. We are extremely excited about the opportunity to help such an amazing organization focused on connecting makers to people with disabilities.

Hi @labrewster! Thanks for taking an interest in MMC! We look forward to continuing a relationship with you and the FIRST Robotics Team. :robot:

1 Like

Thought I would give MMC Gainsville a shout out; not only do they create AT for people with disabilities, they also create PPE for front line workers all over the US. See their chapter highlight here:
https://www.makersmakingchange.com/covid-19-3d-printed/

Thank you! We shared it on our Twitter :slight_smile:

image001.png

1 Like