This forum is new. We are hoping this forum can become a central area for communication around projects and shared space for projects, ideas, and requests. We’ve done some work to create a layout and structure. Right now, there are major categories for:
- Device Library - these are projects that have been built before, and have instructions and resources so they could be built again.
- Outstanding Request - these are when someone “requests” something from the library. Example: I see project X and would like a copy
- Device Ideas - these are for requests where they “don’t” have a defined solution; a request that needs design and prototyping.
- Events - area to discuss pieces around events. For our typical build events that may or may not be of use, but I imagine for larger national conferences it could be useful.
- Makers Making Change - areas to discuss logistics, opportunities, and other higher level topics.
Curious to your thoughts. What needs to be added? What would a forum have to help connecting people with disabilities to makers and open source assistive technology?