Fishing aid

I’m looking for something to help my husband hold a fishing rod since he has limited use of his right hand. I had found some fishing rod arm support devices online but it appears that they have since been discontinued, unavailable in Canada.
I’ve attached some pictures of what I was able to find.
Thank you for what you are doing!

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 11.49.08 AM Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 11.49.20 AM

1 Like

Hello @meagandieckelt

I would be more than willing to design and construct a fishing aid for your husband. My Email is brockpwiebe@gmail.com.
I have a couple of question you can email me the answers to.

1. What limits does your husband have in his right hand? Is his left had limited too?
  2. What fishing rod does your husband use?
  3. Possibly a video of what your husband does now? Assuming he fishes currently
  4. What type of fish does your husband fish? Regular fishing, fly fishing?
  5. What is the heaviest fish he hopes to catch?

Cheers, I hope to hear from you soon.

2 Likes

Hey @brockpwiebe - thanks for offering to help. You’re more than welcome to converse over email, but I would encourage you to at least summarize some of the key information here on this forum thread. That way, if you’re unable to finalize the project or someone else is looking for something similar, they don’t have to start the process from scratch.

2 Likes

Hey @brockpwiebe and @meagandieckelt, is this design still being developed? I’d like to pitch in on the design and/or fabrication if possible. If you’ve completed the design or just want to share where you’re at, I’d appreciate seeing the development as well.

3 Likes