Car Ignition Guiding Device

This idea came from a published author and user of MMC devices, Brenda. She has created a list of potential ideas for devices. This post describes one of the device ideas:

Project Idea:
The goal of this device is to aid in the insertion of the car key into the ignition slot. This movement requires precise movement to get the key into the slot (See figure 1 below). I know from personal experience that some older trucks have a sort of cover on the ignition slot that juts out so once the user gets the key into that wider opening it directs it into the key slot (sort of like what is shown in figure 2 but I could not find the exact type). A design like this could be 3D printed and then possibly glued to the ignition slot. This is just an idea I had but do not let this limit the potentials. Any other idea that aids in helping an individual fit the key into the ignition slot is great.

A design on the MMC website that may help is the car key turner. This device helps out by not requiring a pinch grip to grab the car keys. But this device still requires the individual to line up the key with the ignition slot.

Support needed:
We are looking for a designer/maker to develop this device. Brenda is open for contact for any feedback or details but currently is not on the forum, so feel free to reach out in the comments to be put in contact.

Figure 1:

Figure 2: